- 80 x 180 climate controlled indoor arena
- Footing is a blend of sand, cedar chips and fabric
- Can be divided in half
- Equipped with a state of the art sound system with wireless microphones
- Stadium seating for 99 and room to fit additional seating for more than 300 spectators
- The Barenscheer Arena has been host to events like the Unwanted Horse Trainers Challenge, Jumping and Dressage clinics, Giddy-up Horsemanship Camp, and the Healing Touch for Animals trainings.
Nutrena Conference Center
Nutrena Conference Center can be used as a large conference room or divided into two smaller meeting spaces. Each side of the conference room has the same equipment.
- Tables and chairs have wheels to allow for flexible room arrangement
- LCD projector and screen
- Laptop connections
- Wireless microphone avaiable
- Wireless internet access
- Sounds system
- 14 stalls available
- Great for short term boarding of horses during 1-3 day long events
- Buckets and forks included in rental fee
The College of Veterinary Medicine's Leatherdale Equine Center is managed by the department of Veterinary Population Medicine. Our event management team is happy to help you coordinate your next event! Our facilities are open to everyone and we are able to host a variety of events. Just because we're the equine center, doesn't mean we only do horse events! Are you interested in hosting more than one event at the Equine Center? We accept recurring facility reservations if space is available. Get started today by filling out the event request form and we will contact you within 2-3 business days to discuss your proposed event.
Event Management Team
We are happy to introduce you to our events management team who will be able to assist you with events at Leatherdale Equine Center. If you have any questions about the facilities, hosting an event, etc. please contact one or both our event coordinators.
Sue is our on-site event coordinator at the Equine Center who will work with you to make sure you have everything you need for your event. She is very familiar with our facilities and can answer any questions about logistics.
Katie is our billing and contract coordinator at the Equine Center. She can answer questions about the events contract, fees, payment schedule and general facility information.
Visit our Classes & Events page to see our current events calendar!