Event Rental Space
The Leatherdale Equine Center at the University of Minnesota is home to the Piper Equine Hospital, Nutrena Conference Center, Dudley Barn and Barenscheer Arena. We are fortunate enough to be able to offer part of the Leatherdale Equine Center as event spaces for public use. At this time, we are only able to offer facility rental. We do not have the ability to offer meeting planning or full-service event hosting.
For the safety and security of our patients, we are unable to offer tours of Piper Equine Hospital.
- 80 x 180 climate controlled indoor arena
- Footing is a blend of sand, cedar chips and fabric
- Can be divided in half
- Equipped with a state of the art sound system with wireless microphones
- Stadium seating for 99 and room to fit additional seating for more than 300 spectators
- The Barenscheer Arena has been host to events like the Unwanted Horse Trainers Challenge, Jumping and Dressage clinics, Giddy-up Horsemanship Camp, and the Healing Touch for Animals trainings.
Nutrena Conference Center
Nutrena Conference Center can be used as a large conference room or divided into two smaller meeting spaces. Each side of the conference room has the same equipment.
- Tables and chairs have wheels to allow for flexible room arrangement
- LCD projector and screen
- Laptop connections
- Wireless microphone available
- Wireless internet access
- Sounds system
- 14 stalls available
- Great for short term boarding of horses during 1-3 day long events
- Buckets and forks included in rental fee
Pricing, capacity, and general space information can be downloaded in the Facility Information PDF
Information regarding parking, food & beverage, animal care, insurance, and event checklist can be downloaded in the Planning Tips PDF
Ready to submit your event request? Use the Google Forms below to complete your proposal and we will contact you within 2-3 business days.
For assistance with Google Forms or questions about facility rental process and policies, please contact Katie Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org.